Open job - Technical Specialist
Algeco was founded in 1955 in France as a constructor of modular building systems and has since become a global market leader with sites in 24 countries. Algeco’s range of temporary and permanent rooms are used in diverse sectors, such as industry, construction, education, and events. Besides modular rooms, Algeco also provides its customers with 360° Services, including furniture, air-conditioning, security systems, and data connections. By providing these total solutions, Algeco can relieve its customers of any concern and provide a turnkey service.
We are currently looking for good candidates for the following position at our headquarters in Beringen:
Your activities are:
- Assessing and gaining insights into the customer’s price request or in tenders, after which the ‘green light’ is given and a choice of products can be made
- Working together with the draughtsman/calculator to design the optimum solution to meet the customer’s request
- Advising sales on foundations, utilities, security provisions, fire prevention, and stability
- Creating an action plan with the appropriate budget for complex projects, whereby the right price can be offered and risks can be avoided during implementation
- Working together with the sales manager to determine how best to present the offer to the customer, and providing both written and spoken technical advice in the process
- Making sure that the technical info given to the customer is both accurate and achievable
- Continuously improving processes and output from the department and doing so within the framework of existing ISO and SCC** processes
- Providing internal training about the building regulations and all relevant technical aspects
- Making appointments with suppliers in order to simplify the quotation process and avoid rework
- Adapting and potentially improving quotation drawings and calculations using existing tools such as: Revit and AutoCAD
- This is a position for someone with a Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject and with experience in construction projects.
- Besides being skilled in AutoCAD and Revit, you also have knowledge of the regulations concerning EPB, fire protection, and security in buildings, preferably in construction units.
- We expect that you are good at planning and organising and data analysis.
- You are a creative problem-solver, brave enough to take decisions, as well as being assertive and customer-friendly.
- You have a commercial and entrepreneurial attitude, and the ability to focus on results and work autonomously.
- A good level of Dutch, French, and English is required.
- We are looking for people who, like us, go one step further in their work.
We offer you:
- Excellent employment terms and career opportunities for candidates with plenty of drive.
- You will receive a good introduction and plenty of opportunities to develop your skills.
- We are keen to invest in our customers, and in you too.
- You'll be working a 40-hours workweek with good renumeration and extra-legal benefits.
- Free fuit and coffee at a conformtable setting with plenty of parking space