Sustainability & ESG
Our modular solutions contribute to a truly circular economy that meets the needs of our customers and stakeholders.
Algeco, part of the Modulaire Group, is a leading specialist in modular housing facilities and infrastructure in Europe and Asia.
Through a combination of unrivalled skills and adaptability, we enable people to work in more productively, improve their learning abilities and enhance their quality of life.
Our long-term sustainability and ESG focus is on minimising carbon emissions for our clients and our Group, and managing our material risks and opportunities.
For the Modular Group, this means:
- Zero-carbon of our end-to-end supply chain by 2050
- Further developing our "Loops within Loops" model;
- Improving our employment practices to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for our people
- Further strengthening our approach to governance
" We have started our transition to a low carbon economy, with the circularity of our modular solutions delivering sustainable benefits to our customers, the environment and society."
Group Chief Executive Officer
Loops within Loops -programme
With our circular 'Loops within Loops' business model, we are committed to creating smart spaces where people can work, learn and live, while making a positive impact on people, the planet and wider society.
On these pages, we outline our approach to sustainability and share with you ESG information, our strategy for the future, key performance measures and evidence of our progres.
Environmentally conscious working methods
- Part of the circular economy through leasing, reuse and recycling at the end of the life cycle of our products
- Sustainable design and production
- Roadmap to Net Zero by 2050
- Part of the social and educational infrastructure to create smart spaces where people can work, learn and live. Hence our partnership with Unicef
- Safety is top of our agenda, supported by wellness programmes and training
- Diversity and inclusion are core values in every aspect of our business
- Strong emphasis on compliance with our regulations:
a) Ethical codes for both our staff and our subcontractors and suppliers, an anti-corruption policy (with associated training)
b) Policy for suppliers, corporate social responsibility, data protection and cyber security
c) Hotline for whistleblowers
- The board of directors and management oversee climate risks (e.g. circularity) and social risks and opportunities (e.g. safety)
- ISO certifications for quality, environment and safety